Monday, May 22, 2006

happy birthday to joshuaaaa



this began as a genuine attempt at a cohesive blog. logical sentence structures and everything.
but I was so bored with it. so so so so so boringly boring.
epic blogs need an epic pupose.
(john miltons purpose: to justify the ways of God to man.)
(beth clements’ purpose: to make sense in her writing while not being boring)

both tough goals.

here we go. lets try again

I went to maine maine maine maine this weekend.
It was a crusade of crusaders. Ryan spooner packed us in to his oh-so-wonderful mini van, and got us up to Josh’s birthday number 22. Birthday parties are totally in by the way. Ya know how brown is the new black? well, birthday parties are the new keggers…. alcohol-free fun is for everyone!

It turns out that Josh’s dad is important. Their little peninsula of land is quaint.

we went out for coffee and I ran in to an old friend of mine from childhood. you might know him. mike o’mally? guts? astrocrag? ya. I didn’t wanna bother him though. ya know. there would have just been so much catching up to do….. and we were both with people….. yadda yadda yadda…..

Mafia was as fun as ever.. we even played with josh’s dad. Captain D. Sykora. dun dun dun. Christians and Mafia just goes together so perfectly.

Josh goes to this mini little church up there, and it was great! who wouldn’t love singing old hymns to cassette tapes fully accompanied by a 124 person choir in the background? The pastor clicked pictures of all the guests while speaking a bold message of Truth. I have certainly never seen such a great performance of “I’m in the Lord’s Army.” if you think you have, you’re probably mistaken. ☺

the ride home was surprisingly pleasant. when im in a car, off track-ness is usually this huge pet-peeve of mine…. but I wasn’t annoyed once yesterday.. even if it did take 4 hours to get home. instead, I got to drink lots of Gatorade, talk about santa, climb a hill off the side of the high way, go in and out of a few storms, talk about salvation and Jesus, and see the most beautiful rainbow that I have ever seen ever.

and I got so much sleep last night. then I spent all day with the chills, curled up in some blankets and sleeping through a 24 hour cold. Good thing Airborn and Gatorade cures all my ailments. got a cold? a cough? a cut on your left toe? just add a little prayer and your good as new.


anyways. off to bed. hope that all made sense. Happy birthday josh.
true schmoos
true schmoos

meeeep
meep

mike o'malley (left)
mike o'malley (left)

spoon. spooner
spoon...spooner!




sara, me, josh, ??


beautifulness in maine


rainbow


why is she in the woods?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very jealous of crowns and birthday parties. My mom was always afriad of having birthday parties after I was 8 because of my rampant ADD and all of my little terrors of ADD friends. I was only allowed to have one friend parties after that. And never crowns. :( Miss you a bit, just a bit.

-Eric

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice blog of cohesiveness.

hmmmm, yes...why IS she in the woods??

--Ryan

10:39 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Thanks for the happy bday Beth, and I soooooooo forgot about Spoon....Spooner.... Spoonest Wahahah.
I love your picture of Mike O'Malley by the way. wahah!!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home